The Villa de Paz Elementary School Uniform Dress Code is in addition to the Pendergast Elementary School District dress code policy as found in the Parent-Student Handbook
The Uniform Dress Code is described below:
Villa de Paz's uniform dress code allows for collared shirts only. Uniforms come in different styles and are labeled Official School Uniform. The uniform the Villa de Paz community agreed on is described below.
- White, navy blue or dark green knit polo style collared shirts with short or long sleeves (pull over with collar or button-up). Sleeveless is not acceptable. Lace ups are not acceptable.
- No other colors, decorations, emblems, logos, etc. are allowed. Shirts are solid white, solid navy or solid dark green – no colored trim anywhere.
- The Villa de Paz Spirit Shirt sold from the school is an acceptable uniform shirt at any time.
- Shirts, or other undergarments, worn underneath the uniform shirt must be white with no pictures/words (i.e. T-shirts, undershirts). A navy blue undershirt with no pictures/words may only be worn underneath a navy blue uniform shirt. No undergarments may extend past the uniform shirt sleeve or hemline and no more than one undergarment may be worn.
- Outerwear preferably white or navy blue with no decorations, emblems, logos, etc. allowed except for the Villa de Paz spirit jacket sold by the school. Outerwear worn in the classroom must be navy blue or white.
- No cleavage is to be showing. Any style which exposes part of the stomach in normal wear is not permitted.
TOPS MAY NOT BE SKIN TIGHT. MID-SECTION MAY NOT BE EXPOSED WHEN ARMS ARE RAISED OVERHEAD. SHIRTS MAY NOT BE MORE THAN ONE SIZE TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL.
- Plain, official school uniform brand, navy blue cotton (dark blue) or khaki cotton slacks, shorts, skirts, capris, skorts, jumpers or dresses (No jeans, corduroy, sweat pants or nylon “parachute” type pants are allowed). Uniform brand bottoms only.
- No cargo pocket or carpenter style shorts, pants allowed. Uniform brand bottoms only.
- All shorts, slacks, dresses, skorts and skirts must be of reasonable length (4 inches above or below the back of the knee) and hemmed. All bottoms will hang naturally (no bunching or rolling).
SLACKS, SKIRTS, SHORTS, DRESSES AND SLACKS MUST BE WORN AT THE NATURAL WAIST (NO SAGGING). CLOTHING MAY NOT BE SKIN TIGHT.
- If pants or shorts have belt loops, a belt may be worn. The belt may be blue, black, brown or white. The buckle must be plain without any writing or symbols.
All students must adhere to the following dress code:
Caps and hats may not be worn at school unless under doctor's order.
- Students and their clothing must be clean.
- No oversized; overly wide, or “sagging” clothing.
- No see-through clothing or body parts uncovered.
- No jewelry that could cause injury or disrupt the educational environment, such as long earrings or facial jewelry.
- No beepers, pagers, walkmans, cell phones, MP3 players, I-pods, or other electronic devices.
- No visible tattoos or other marks on skin.
- No make-up which is distracting to the learning environment.
- No hair-dye which is distracting to the learning environment.
- Socks need to be white or navy blue only.