For questions, please contact Laura Valle, Executive Assistant to the Chief Academic Officer, at 623-772-2291.
Dr. Shelmon Brown, Chief Academic Officer
Laura Valle, Executive Assistant to the Chief Academic Officer
Amy Christopher, Director of School Improvement and Program Development
Gwendolyn Parker, Director of Special Education
Dr. Gwyneth Marr, Director of Curriculum and Innovation
Andrew Wallen, Director of Assessment and Program Development
Dr. Abigail Flister, Professional Development Coordinator
Kelsie Pennington, Coordinator for English Language Arts and Social Studies
Julia Soto, Coordinator for Language Acquisition
Dr. Catherine Linhardt, STEAM and Technology Integration Specialist
Dr. Tara Armstead, District-Wide Middle School Mentor
Areas of Responsibility
Educational Services is responsible for curriculum and instruction in English Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Physical Education, Music, Art, and Technology. In addition, the team is responsible for students who are acquiring English as a second language, STEAM and technology innovation, athletic and after-school programs, district-wide educational events, new teacher orientation, and professional learning.
Strategic Plan Goals
- Increased understanding of deeper learning
- School leaders will support staff in utilizing culturally responsive instructional strategies.
- K-8 teachers will increase collaborative learning opportunities for students.
Our mission is to provide a holistic educational experience in and out of the classroom that is both equitable and innovative for every learner, to ensure academic outcomes that prepare students to be global leaders in their chosen post-secondary endeavors.
Points of Pride
- We provide a guaranteed and viable curriculum for every child across all content areas.
- We provide cutting-edge experiences through makerspaces, FUSE labs, and our academies to provide real-life, hands-on exploratory learning experiences.
- We provide a comprehensive after-school athletic program at every school that includes Special Olympics, eSports, basketball, soccer, volleyball, cheerleading, track and field, and flag football. In addition, individual schools offer clubs that are catered to students' interests, such as robotics, yearbook, Ballet Folklorico, and mariachi programs.