Feel free to call one of the Financial Services personnel for questions on:
- Student activities funds
- Account coding
- iVisions access
- Accounts Payable/Vendor questions
Chief Financial Officer Office
Joanne Fimbres, Chief Financial Office
Lourdes Vega, Executive Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer
Financial Services Office
Vivian Soza, Director of Budget & Finance
Danny Robbins, Accounting Specialist
Andrea Aponte, Accounting Technician
Vendors names starting with A-L
Krystal Burnham, Accounting Technician
Vendors names starting with M-Z, incl. Amazon & Hillyard
Lorraine Smith, Payroll Supervisor
Amanda Molina, Payroll Accountant
Areas of Responsibility
Accounts payable, accounts receivable, bond issuances, budget, School ERP Pro (I-Visions), My School Bucks, payroll, tax credit
Strategic Plan Goals
- Provide instructional information to all school and departmental users to aid in their school finance literacy. This will allow all users to be fully engaged in how they utilize various funding sources as evidenced by the maximization of their budget allocations.
- Implement software programs to strategically assist in streamlining financial processes and reduce the amount of paper documentation. This will include forms and documentation that are needed for compliance and audit requirements.
Maintaining fiscal responsibility and stewardship by making smart financial choices through uncompromising integrity, trust, and personalized service in serving our students and the Pendergast community.
Points of Pride
- Awarded the Association of School Business Officials International Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting for 29 consecutive years for the Districts Annual Financial Report.
- Awarded the Government Finance Officers Association Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for 10 consecutive years for the Districts Annual Financial Report.
Annual Financial Report (AFR): The Annual Financial Report (AFR) is prescribed by the Arizona Department of Education and the Office of the Auditor General. It incorporates all financial information statutorily required for all funds. Revenues and Expenditures for the fiscal year are presented and a comparison to the prior year is included. 2023 | 2022 | 2021
District Spending Report: Each year the Auditor General prepares and issues a special study, Arizona School District Spending, for the most recent fiscal year. The report includes costs, performance measures, operational trends, revenues, student and teacher measures, and a financial stress assessment for the district. The report compares the district's operational efficiency to peers' and the state's averages in four areas; administration, plant operations, food service and transportation. 2022 | 2021 | 2020
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR): The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) is presented as required by the Arizona Revised Statues and includes a comprehensive report of the District's finances. The financial statements have been audited as required by Heinfeld, Meech & Co., P.C. 2022 | 2021 | 2020