Michael Peaty, Director of Transportation
Jason Skwier, Supervisor
Irene Herd, Transportation Coordinator
OPEN, Transportation Coordinator
Scott Potter, Lead Mechanic
Tad Thompson, Lead Trainer
The Pendergast School District Transportation Department is committed to providing safe, efficient, and cost-effective transportation services for students, staff and, when necessary, parents of the Pendergast District.
Points of Pride
- The Pendergast Transportation Department was the first district in the state of Arizona to install GPS software on all school buses. This software allows the district to track buses for route efficiency and safety. Bus drivers also use this technology to electronically record all daily bus inspections. Student safety is enhanced with the use of radio frequency bus cards for all bus riders. Students “swipe” their card each time they enter or exit the bus. This web-based technology helps drivers ensure the correct student is on the correct bus, while at the same time providing instant feedback on where and when a student boarded or exited a bus.
- Safety vests worn by all employees provide quick identification for students, parents and staff. More importantly is the initial and annual training each employee receives. The Pendergast training program meets or exceeds all federal and state standards.
- To further meet our responsibilities, we provide safe and reliable vehicles equipped with safety features that meet all federal and state requirements.
- The department’s use of technology also includes routing software for all bus routes and field trips. Linked with district student record software, these programs provide network access to student transportation information for district and school office staff.
- To keep current with new requirements and trends in student transportation, supervisors and employees working in the transportation department are involved with state and national professional organizations.
The Pendergast Transportation Department is assigned the duty of providing safe transportation for eligible children attending district schools. This includes but is not limited to transporting students in grades preschool through 8th grade daily to and from school and their home as well on field trips required for educational support of the classroom.