Educating Parents & Enriching Families
The Parent and Family Education Program provides quality education classes, community events, workshops, training, and other educational resources to parents, grandparents, and caregivers through parent education accessible to all our district's families with Pre-K through 8th grade students. The goal is to increase student achievement through parent education accessible to all families.
- Workshops and informational sessions on topics of interest to Pendergast families and community
- District volunteer opportunities
- English acquisition classes for adults
- District and community partner resources
The goal of providing quality education for every child in this district. We want to establish partnerships with parents and with the community. Our goal is to encourage meaningful interaction between school and home to work together to promote high achievement by our children. Parent support is a contributing factor to their child’s success.
Workshops the program has hosted and continues to host for families:
- Chicanos Por La Cause - Active Parenting Sessions
- Bloom 365 - Healthy Relationships
- Fresh Start Women's Foundation - Education and Empowerment
- Adelante - Paying for Health Care
- Rio Salado - Adult Education
- Home Buying Classes
- Maricopa County Sheriff's Office - Drug Prevention
- Advance - Health and Wellness
- Terros - Pendergast Community Coalition
- Common Sense Media - Safe Use of Media and Technology
- More to Come!
We currently have two family community hubs located at Amberlea Elementary School and Desert Mirage Elementary School. All district families are welcome to attend these workshops and English acquisition classes at either site. Workshop information is shared district-wide prior to any classes or event. Please contact Parent and Family Educator for more information
For more information, please contact Angelica Martinez, Parent and Family Educator, at 623-772-2361.
The Parent and Family Education Program is always looking for district volunteers! Please reach out for more information how you can help.