Chief Financial Officer Office
Joanne Fimbres, Chief Financial Officer
Lourdes Vega, Executive Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer
Financial Services Office
Matt Poag, Director of Budget & Finance
Vivian Soza, Accounting Specialist
Andrea Aponte, Accounting Technician
Vendors names starting with A-L
Krystal Burnham, Accounting Technician
Vendors names starting with M-Z, incl. Amazon & Hillyard
Lorraine Smith, Payroll Supervisor
Amanda Molina, Payroll Accountant
The mission of the Financial Services Department is to provide high quality services and resources for the students, staff and the community in order to promote the academic achievement of our students and be the team you can count on in times of need. The Financial Services Department is dedicated to 100% compliance with all federal and state regulations for school finance and operations and is responsible for accounting for all of the public dollars available to the District. The District is providing the following financial information in order to be more transparent and to provide our community with an open view of the financial status of the District.
Can we help? Feel free to call one of the Financial Services personnel for questions on:
- Student activities funds
- Account coding
- iVisions access
- Accounts Payable/Vendor questions
Points of Pride and Awards
- We are 100% compliant with Federal and State laws and regulations. No reported Federal and Financial findings in the most recent audit of fiscal year 2021.
- Our customers and constituents are satisfied or highly satisfied with the services they receive each year.
- We are committed to the Pendergast District and the community in providing excellent service.
- We are very experienced in our jobs.
- All for one and one for all! We have a team atmosphere with great support from our leadership.
- Awarded the Association of School Business Officials International's Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting Award 2021
- Awarded the Government Finance Officers Association's Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting Award 2020
Annual Financial Report (AFR): The Annual Financial Report (AFR) is prescribed by the Arizona Department of Education and the Office of the Auditor General. It incorporates all financial information statutorily required for all funds. Revenues and Expenditures for the fiscal year are presented and a comparison to the prior year is included. 2021 | 2020 | 2019
District Spending Report: Each year the Auditor General prepares and issues a special study, Arizona School District Spending, for the most recent fiscal year. The report includes costs, performance measures, operational trends, revenues, student and teacher measures, and a financial stress assessment for the district. The report compares the district's operational efficiency to peers' and the state's averages in four areas; administration, plant operations, food service and transportation. 2021 | 2020 | 2019
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR): The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) is presented as required by the Arizona Revised Statues and includes a comprehensive report of the District's finances. The financial statements have been audited as required by Heinfeld, Meech & Co., P.C. 2021 | 2020 | 2019